Facebook Messenger: 500 million downloads
Ever since Facebook introduced Messenger as the recommended option for the Facebook Chat feature on Android and IOS devices, it was greeted with a chain of mixed ratings. Some claimed it to be the convenient way, while others felt it as a pain in the neck.
Well now, the Facebook messenger has surprisingly carved out to a whopping 500 million downloads on Android Devices. Facebook will be looking to monopolize the social approach as they have already bought Whatsapp for a record 19 billion dollars takeover and now their parent app is booming.
Here is the provided description by the Facebook team:
- Instantly reach the people in your life—for free. Messenger is just like texting, but you don’t have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
- Not just for Facebook friends: Message people in your phone book and just enter a phone number to add a new contact.
- Group chats: Create groups for the people you message most. Name them, set group photos and keep them all in one place.
- Photos and videos: Shoot videos and snap selfies or other photos right from the app and send them with one tap.
- Chat heads: Keep the conversation going while you use other apps.
- Free calls: Talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries. (Calls are free over Wi-Fi. Otherwise, standard data charges apply.)
- Even more ways to message:
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
- Preview your gallery photos and videos without leaving the conversation–then choose the perfect ones to send.
- Record voice messages when you have more to say.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- Forward messages or photos to people who weren’t in the conversation.
- Search for people and groups to quickly get back to them.
- Turn on location to let people know when you’re nearby.
- See who’s available on Messenger and who’s active on Facebook.
- Create shortcuts to get to any conversation right from your home screen.
- Turn off notifications when you’re working, sleeping or just need a break.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
Messenger is available at Google Play Store: Click here